I have way too much to do this week, so this post will be short and sweet.
I just wanted to talk about one of my favourite artists, Robert Beatty.
Robert Beatty is an American illustrator, artists and musician, who is probably best known for his work on album covers for artists like Tame Impala, Kesha, Ariel Pink and Real Estate to name a few. His work is distinctive for it's surreal and psychedelic feel, and his way of making very traditional looking designs with digital software. Besides album covers he has also done music videos and illustrations for magazines.
What I love about his work are the bold compositions, his use of patterns and the way his designs vary from being very simple with lots of space to being cluttered with little details. His airbrushy technique makes for such a strongly retro-futuristic vibe I was really surprised to find out that he works almost solely with digital softwares like Illustrator and Photoshop.
This guy is a huge influence for me, and I highly recommend checking him out. Also, if you have too much money, you might consider buying his artbook Floodgate Companion for me, but you probably won't and that's cool, although I really want it!
Anyways, here are some favorites I picked from his website:










Comments
Post a Comment